Author Topic Next Topic: they are actually completely inappropriate    

magic
Administrator

Member #: 2
Topics started: 532
City: Blairstown
State: NJ

Posted On: Jan 07 2008  At: 2:21:27 PM

Our dear friend and member of ASHA of NJ, Linda Gemeinhardt passed away last night. She was admitted to Hunterdon Medical Center last Wednesday for procedures to drain fluids. She fought this cancer with all her might but was reconciled to it's deadly hold on her. She so loved the horses and her active involvement with the Jersey Classic and I believe this motivated her in such a positive way so that she was active and involved right up to the very end. She told me she was not afraid to die but feared what she would have to face beforehand. That time was very short. Doreen is meeting with her mother this morning to work out funeral details. We will keep you all advised.

sharonell

Member #: 9
Topics started: 58

Posted On: Jan 07 2008  At: 2:35:49 PM | Reply Link

I've tried to type this 20 times and I am having the worst trouble finding the words with my heavy heart. I heard from Doreen this morning that Linda passed away last night. She has been battling cancer for some time. Linda was with Doreen & David Weston's Smoke Hollow Farm as long as I can remember and her life was dedicated to show horses.

I'm reading The Horse That God Built right now (a bio of Secretariat and his caretaker) and this quote prefaces the story. Since I can't find the right words, these jumped out at me in conveying how blessed and full a life dedicated to horses is.

"Charles learned quickly that working at a racing stable is an unforgettable experience, and it quietly threatened to become a life--- of oneness with nature and communion with horses, of incurable wonder."
Edward Hotaling on the life of Charles Stewart (1808-1884), jockey and trainer from Pocahontas, Virginia

If Linda knew I had wet eyes today she'd be shaking her fist at me and scolding me with a blunt opinion of how far that was going to get me so I'm shoving off for now.

sharonell's sig 
MORE COWBELL!

Go to Top of Page

Hey4horses
WGC

Member #: 29
Topics started: 140
City: Strongsville
State: Ohio

Posted On: Jan 07 2008  At: 3:23:31 PM | Reply Link

I am so sorry for the pain and suffering your friend Linda endured. I am glad that she has the strength to be with her horses and hobby friends until close to the end. Peace and blessings to all who knew and loved her.

Go to Top of Page

Nealia

Member #: 7
Topics started: 404
City: Blairstown
State: New Jersey

Posted On: Jan 07 2008  At: 3:45:17 PM | Reply Link

Linda was THE one who first brought the idea up to the New Jersey Saddlebred horse assoc. to give money to save a saddlebred that would be going to slaughter. It was this idea that had Pat and I checking into the sale and see what we could do. Because of Linda, North Wind and NJSHA teamed up and started buying saddlebreds at New Holland.

We have lost a TRUE horse person and horse lover today and I think we need to find a way to honor and remember her.

Go to Top of Page

Opie1
Open

Member #: 625
Topics started: 7
State: NC

Posted On: Jan 07 2008  At: 4:16:30 PM | Reply Link

I didn't know Linda, but it sounds like the horses lost a true friend and hero last night. Everyone who knew and loved her will be in my thoughts and prayers, I'm truly sorry for your loss...

Opie1's sig 

~It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~ ~Nicholas Evans

Go to Top of Page

lndywood
WC

Member #: 63
Topics started: 19

Posted On: Jan 07 2008  At: 5:20:02 PM | Reply Link

I am so sorry....I will remember all those who's lives she touched, both human and horse.

Go to Top of Page

kmmed1

Member #: 46
Topics started: 138
City: Richland
State: IN

Posted On: Jan 07 2008  At: 6:13:50 PM | Reply Link

God Bless and keep her. I'm so so sorry for all who knew and loved her.

Go to Top of Page

sharonell

Posted On: Jan 08 2008  At: 06:40:13 AM | Reply Link

Please note the following information:
There will be a Memorial Service for Linda Gemeinhardt this Friday between 6:00 and 8:00 pm at Martin's Funeral Home, 1761 Rt. 31, Clinton (about 3 miles North of Rt. 78). It was her wish to be cremated. In lieu of flowers, her mother has requested that donations may be made in her memory to Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center, 2100 Wescott Dr., Flemington, NJ 08822 or the the American Saddlebred Horse Assoc. of NJ, c/o Gwen Stableford, 15 Norwood Ave., Apt. 4, Summit, NJ 07901. Horses were Linda's whole way of life. She was so dedicated to promoting the Saddlebred and to their care and so involved with our Jersey Classic Horse Show. She will be sorely missed by all who knew her

sharonell's sig 
MORE COWBELL!

Go to Top of Page

sharonell

Posted On: Jan 13 2008  At: 4:42:28 PM | Reply Link

Posted with Doreen Weston's permission- this what she read at Linda's memorial service on Friday.

Linda used to say that she didn't have many friends--only the horses- but she didn't know how wrong she was.

Everyone who got to know her found how dedicated, honest and loyal she was.

Horses were her life. She could recite pedigrees and she was always researching relatives of the horses she had rubbed on. In fact, CH Strike Command, CH Fireflys Fancy, and CH the Midnight Mist have CH in front of their names because of her.

She was shy in front of strangers but many a time I would hear her talking to a horse, a dog, or even a curry comb! Her favorite phrases in the barn were always heard by us 'you sow' 'vertically challenged' (a pony) and 'come HERE'

She loved the horse shows and swore she could tell the sound of the Lukens truck coming down the road, as opposed to the other truck traffic, and would wait in the driveway in anticipation of his arrival, to take us to the next show.

Friends from across the country from Calif, Fl, Ky and New England have called Perhaps they have expressed their thoughts better than I can.

Linda worked for many trainers in several states, names such as Leonard Fischbach, Mr. & Mrs. Frank Gearhart, Tom Gailbreth, Dave Becker, Don Judd, Lewis Kline, Frank McConnell, Bill Field, Ruth Gimple and Ronnie Graham , Abbot and Cheryl Wilson, Randy Harper, as well as the horses she put in the show ring.. CH The Midnight Mist, CH Strike Command, CH Firefly's Fancy, CH Guys Gal, CH Springtime Santana, RWC Kentucky Wildcat, Chicago Talent, RWC The Haitian Prince, WCH Mr. Snuffleupagus , WGC Blue Chipper, CH Nahema, RWC Foxfiers Kashmir, WC T N T, WGC Onion, WC Protector , CH Shamanic Dream, WCG Five O'clock as well as all the champion dogs she showed were all a part of her short life.

She will be missed.

Our dear friend and member of ASHA of NJ, Linda Gemeinhardt passed away last night. She was admitted to Hunterdon Medical Center last Wednesday for procedures to drain fluids. She fought this cancer with all her might but was reconciled to it's deadly hold on her. She so loved the horses and her active involvement with the Jersey Classic and I believe this motivated her in such a positive way so that she was active and involved right up to the very end. She told me she was not afraid to die but feared what she would have to face beforehand. That time was very short. .

Horses were Linda's whole way of life. She was so dedicated to promoting the Saddlebred and to their care and so involved with our Jersey Classic Horse Show. She will be sorely missed by all who knew her.

I’m so very sad about Linda but how lucky you were to know her and work with her for so long. I can’t say that I knew her much at all, so it was lovely to read what you and others have written about her. I hate it when those we love leave us behind. No matter what anyone says, memories aren’t enough.

My heart is with you and David and the animals.
PS Bruce Springsteen’s newest album “Magic” has an unlisted tribute song to one of his best friends. It’s the last song on the CD. The most memorable line says, “They say that you can’t take it with you, but I think that they’re wrong, cause I woke up this morning and something big was gone….”

Linda was THE one who first brought the idea up to the New Jersey Saddlebred horse assoc. to give money to save a saddlebred that would be going to slaughter. It was this idea that had Pat and I checking into the sale and see what we could do. Because of Linda, North Wind and NJSHA teamed up and started buying saddlebreds at New Holland.

We have lost a TRUE horse person and horse lover today and I think we need to find a way to honor and remember her.

-Linda fought a hard battle against a rather unusual form of cancer, with grace and aplomb. She cared deeply about each horse in her care, and I know that Doreen Weston was deeply committed to Linda, and is, I am sure, devastated by this loss. My thoughts are with the Westons, during this very difficult and sad time. I am sure that Chipper, Leonard, and others, are glad to have her on their side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Godspeed to a lover of our wonderful breed of horse. You'll be missed!

Linda was a wonderful horsewoman. Horses were not a way of life for her, they WERE her way of life. Up until the day she left this world she was talking horses and sports and visiting with dear friends and that's a comfort that the end was quick.

The world will be vacant of the way she could help others along- she was tenacious and generous at the same time. If she saw you struggling to clean a piece of harness or fighting w/a pair of clippers or something she'd jump up spring-loaded with a "let me help you with that thing there (woman/sir) before you get yourself electrocuted/tangled up/upside down/___________ (fill in the blank)" and she was eager to share. That was Linda she'd give you anything she had including the shirt off her back in the name of horsemanship.

I know her spirit is peaceful and there's a happy place for her now where she can take care of Chipper's tail again HER way while keeping a watchful eye on us all down here.

-My husband and I were very sad to hear the news of Linda’s passing. She was a very knowledgeable horse woman. nvs1 description of Linda is very accurate. We were one of the people she often helped at a horse show. She was one of our “ASB” friends that always made us feel welcome at a show, especially last year when we were showing as an AOT with the only horse we had on our show string, my husbands Clydesdale, “Faith” . I will very much miss her insight to training and her help wiping the final smudges off that big harness.

Linda always had a story to tell. She was never negative, always supportive and could relate to anyone's fortune OR misfortune. She had lots of skills and was a Master of getting a horse prepped to go to the show ring.

Linda was a good teacher and could get students to her level and would always lend a helping hand to anyone whom SHE felt needed it at any show.

She really had a devastatingly difficult last few years and it is hard to comprehend why one person had to endure so much, when others just seem to thrive in life

sharonell's sig 
MORE COWBELL!

Go to Top of Page

kmmed1

Member #: 46
Topics started: 138
City: Richland
State: IN

Posted On: Jan 13 2008  At: 5:54:01 PM | Reply Link

Do you realize that Linda and I shared two very special friends? WGC Five O'Clock, who she knew as Frost Free, and my beloved WGC CH Onion, who she cared for after the Chancellors sold him to Bob Lilley.
Both are very special horses, and I'm so happy to now have made the connection with Linda.
Thanks Sharon, for posting Doreen's comments.

Go to Top of Page

zohaa3492
Starting Member

Member #: 2053
Topics started: 0

Posted On: Sep 25 2014  At: 02:14:00 AM | Reply Link

very nice posts

zohaa3492's sig 
http://www.vceplayer.com/simulator/vce-manager.html
http://www.eden.edu/
http://www.juniper.net/

Go to Top of Page

karasmith
Starting Member

Member #: 2237

Posted On: Jan 19 2017  At: 07:19:14 AM | Reply Link

Lots of app available in market for movie streaming but somehow we get confused in selecting one of them i personally want movies with high quality formats so one of my friend suggested showbox name and just after using this app i m in the world of entertainment http://showboxappandroid.info/ we can get all movies TV shows at one place in HD format . so guys get showbox because without this your smart device is not so smart.
http://appshowbox.org/

Go to Top of Page

rajeshkumarnani
Starting Member

Member #: 2454
City: hyderabad
State: telangana

Posted On: Jul 17 2017  At: 05:47:13 AM | Reply Link

The older videos may be downloaded; those starting summer 2010 are generally not downloadable. The videos are meant for streaming on the web, and most downloads Latest Breaking News, Pictures, Videos, and Special Reports from The Economic Times. downloads Blogs, Comments and Archive News on

rajeshkumarnani's sig 
http://tutuapppokemongo.org/

Go to Top of Page
  Topic Next Topic: they are actually completely inappropriate  
Bookmark this Topic Printer Friendly