New users please
read the Site Rules

Saddlebred Rescue Angel Network - Lovely Rita (placed)
    Saddlebred Rescue Angel Network    

Username: Password:
Remember Me
I Can't Register

Register

Events Calendar |
 All Forums
 Save Our Saddlebreds
 The Never Ending Story (placed)
 Lovely Rita (placed)

The following people are reading this Topic also here:

Next Page Bookmark this Topic Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Need Help In Choosing a Life Coach? Topic Next Topic: Advanced Driver Updater Activation Key  
Page: of 6

Nealia

Member #: 7
Topics started: 404
City: Blairstown
State: New Jersey

Posted On: Mar 06 2007  At: 4:50:48 PM

I think this mare is really pretty. We do not have pictures yet, sorry. Jessie rode her on sunday and the mare did quite well. She looks and moves like a hunter type horse and she carries her head in that frame, but she has been gaited and will rack if you ask her to, not only does she rack she stays in the gait pretty well. I feel because she is not very high headed she would be much happier being ridden as a sport horse type. Rita has a shoe off and while she did canter on both leads she had a little trouble staying in the gait as she is not balanced.

Rita is about 15.2 hands and is very pretty headed, she is also in very good weight. I feel sorry for these types of horses as you can tell God did not give her a very high head set which almost always rules her out for being a top gaited horse so why did someone teach her to rack and then sell her to the Amish because she was not a good show horse candidate. If they had worked her as a sport horse she may not have had to go to the Amish she could have been a very nice hunter or dressage horse.

This mare deserves a second chance being worked in a style that she can excell at and it would be so much easier for her to do.

I always say I can not make a horse do more than God intended them to do. Example I will never be a ballerina, EVER end of discussion.

klstin0
WGC

Member #: 59
Topics started: 19
City: Lancaster
State: KY

Posted On: Mar 06 2007  At: 6:25:54 PM | Reply Link

How old is Lovely Rita? Can't wait to see some pics. (Can't believe I'm beating Deanna at asking for pics, she must be really busy this evening. )

klstin0's sig 
Karen
Paddy O'Malley, and the late June Cleaver (Agape's Legacy) and Mickey 5 (Jem's Harlem Dancer)

Go to Top of Page

klstin0
WGC

Posted On: Mar 06 2007  At: 6:38:21 PM | Reply Link

OK, you are killing me with all the sporthorse references on Rita. Even in Samson's post!!! I'm practically drooling... and she will gait too (on those days when the back is hurting, this is a good thing )

I've not filled out an adoption form because I don't want to do that until I am absolutely committed to a particular timeframe. But gosh, if she hangs around long... ARGH I just can't jinx the pending contract I have on one of our mares.... but soon, maybe soon.... this is KILLING me. Of course, could always consider foster care.. that's part of Wannabea Farm's long term plans.. but need another run-in built for my goal of fostering 2 (timetable is next year) for that... Gosh, I am RAMBLING. Nealia - are you doing this to me on purpose??

Waiting (im)patiently for some pics.

klstin0's sig 
Karen
Paddy O'Malley, and the late June Cleaver (Agape's Legacy) and Mickey 5 (Jem's Harlem Dancer)

Go to Top of Page

kmmed1

Member #: 46
Topics started: 138
City: Richland
State: IN

Posted On: Mar 06 2007  At: 6:42:49 PM | Reply Link

Karen, please sit back and take a deep breath, and then tell us what you really feel! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

klstin0
WGC

Posted On: Mar 06 2007  At: 6:44:10 PM | Reply Link

*deep breaths*

klstin0's sig 
Karen

Go to Top of Page

cphaneuf
Open

Member #: 23
Topics started: 44
State: MA

Posted On: Mar 06 2007  At: 6:59:07 PM | Reply Link

One of the nice things about the Morgan show horses is they have become so much more diverse. The hunter classes are typically the largest at any show, and there were like 60+ in the amateur division in OKC last year. The Park & Pleasure horses still command the top prices, but a top hunter or western horse easily commands 50K +. This has really given a place for the not so high headed a place to go. It lets a horse be who they are and excel, instead of being a cast-off. This is a change that has taken place over the last 10-15 years. If the Saddlebred owners (yep, that's usually us amateurs) support and show in the country hunter pleasure and western divisions, and trainers can make money selling and training those horses it will get popular much faster Support your country divisions!! You may even see a "War Hero" aka Mr. Ranger at a Saddlebred show near you in the Hunter division sometime this summer with some people (husband and I) new to the breed. I can't think of anything pretty than a Saddlebred decked out in Silver (except maybe a Morgan). They put the quarter horses to shame.

Go to Top of Page

Hey4horses
WGC

Member #: 29
Topics started: 140
City: Strongsville
State: Ohio

Posted On: Mar 06 2007  At: 10:22:50 PM | Reply Link

Lovely Rita, nice dignified and yet fun name. She deserves a nice name like this. Can't wait to see her pictures, and her age. What level of rider does she need?

Go to Top of Page

SpiritOfTwoThousand
WGC

Member #: 8
Topics started: 23

Posted On: Mar 07 2007  At: 12:16:42 PM | Reply Link

She sounds like a very good girl and great mare, and yes klstin0, I have been terribly busy the last few days and have barely been on the forum... which is driving me nuts btw because the addiction isn't being fed! But anyway, I can't wait to see pics of her!!

Go to Top of Page

gameboynws

Member #: 6

Posted On: Mar 18 2007  At: 9:23:07 PM | Reply Link

Go to Top of Page

SpiritOfTwoThousand
WGC

Posted On: Mar 18 2007  At: 9:39:26 PM | Reply Link

She is a very pretty mare and I bet she would make a great sporthorse or hunter horse. She has a nice frame for it!

Go to Top of Page

klstin0
WGC

Posted On: Mar 19 2007  At: 06:57:00 AM | Reply Link

oooooohhhhhhhh Love her way of going.

klstin0's sig 
Karen

Go to Top of Page

Rarity
WC

Member #: 226
Topics started: 20
State: NJ

Posted On: Mar 19 2007  At: 08:04:51 AM | Reply Link

Hey there,

I hope at some point Jason may be able to get a shot of her face. She is a VERY pretty faced girl!

Kate

Rarity's sig 
Save the Earth.
Its the only Planet with Chocolate.

Go to Top of Page

klstin0
WGC

Posted On: Mar 19 2007  At: 08:40:14 AM | Reply Link

I just love this mare. Love the way she looks, her pretty head, the look in her eye in the pics...

However the "sale falling through" cloud just rained over my head AGAIN this weekend. ARGH. I can't get rid of this cloud... and for the last 3 times, it's been a medical problem in the buy-ee or buy-ee's family. Each time I have felt awful for them, pretty serious stuff, and they were very upset, but I'm beginning to get a complex....

What is the estimate on her age?

[ Edited by: klstin0 on Mar 19 2007 08:41:41 AM ]

klstin0's sig 
Karen

Go to Top of Page

Hey4horses
WGC

Posted On: Mar 19 2007  At: 11:41:31 AM | Reply Link

Klistin,

Maybe someone could foster her until you get ready? Just throwing this out there.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

gameboynws

Member #: 6

Posted On: Mar 20 2007  At: 11:43:25 AM | Reply Link

Her GOOD Side!

Her NORMAL Side

Go to Top of Page

SpiritOfTwoThousand
WGC

Posted On: Mar 20 2007  At: 11:48:58 AM | Reply Link

Wow, look at the action in that first picture!!!! What a gorgeous mare!!

Go to Top of Page

Kari Palutis
Novice

Member #: 152
Topics started: 5
City: Wentzville
State: MO

Posted On: Mar 20 2007  At: 6:31:36 PM | Reply Link

I don't know what I'm more impressed by -- the mare or the photography. Nice job!

Go to Top of Page

Hey4horses
WGC

Posted On: Mar 20 2007  At: 7:40:13 PM | Reply Link

Jason is really a wonderful photographer. And this mare looks awesome, even if she does not have that high head set.

Go to Top of Page

magic
Administrator

Member #: 2
Topics started: 532
City: Blairstown

Posted On: Mar 20 2007  At: 7:52:44 PM | Reply Link

"look mom no feet"

Go to Top of Page

Rarity
WC

Member #: 226
Topics started: 20

Posted On: Mar 20 2007  At: 8:22:09 PM | Reply Link

Some times a Girl just needs to roll in the snow!!!!

Yeah for Rita!!!

Kate

Rarity's sig 
Save the Earth.
Its the only Planet with Chocolate.

Go to Top of Page

Hey4horses
WGC

Posted On: Mar 29 2007  At: 10:42:13 PM | Reply Link

Are there any updates on Rita? How old is she? What level of rider are we looking at for her?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Need Help In Choosing a Life Coach? Topic Next Topic: Advanced Driver Updater Activation Key  
Bookmark this Topic Printer Friendly Next Page